Energizer Battery Leaked in Flashlight

Just recently I had a couple Energizer batteries explode in my maglight. Bye Bye maglight. Went to the store and found out that Energizer is promoting that their batteries are 'leak-proof'. Leak proof my ***.

The no-leak guarantee is a very poor marketing claim. Why make this no-leak claim if it isn't true? The mere fact that they make the effort to tell us they are leak proof makes me suspicious that they have a major issues with leaking batteries.

I am concerned about the other Energizers I have...thinking about switching to another brand. Why would they add this claim unless they are prone to leaking?

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Helpful? 0 Yes 0 2 No 2
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Oct 14, 2015 #1047816

buy Duracell like I do

0 0 Reply

Mar 10, 2015 #956670

Did you even bother to look at the picture you posted? It says "No leaks guaranteed or we will replace your device." Rather than running to the internet and making a post that makes you look foolish you should have filed a warranty claim to get your flashlight replaced. Bet posting here doesn't do that for you.

0 0 Reply

Mar 10, 2015 #956653

Happened to me to, but you know what I contacted them and they not only sent me a claim for to replace my flashlight they also sent me a coupon to replace the batteries. Oh and not just the 4 in the light but coupons that were for $16.00 ( if i remember correctly).
Very good coupon !

2 0 Reply

Sep 23, 2014 #874252

well. ok then. so, you're nuts.

1 0 Reply

Mar 20, 2014 #796865 Chantilly, Virginia

Did you contact them about it? A guarantee doesn't mean it won't happen, it means that if it does, they will take care of it. Did they really explode? Or just leak?

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Energizer. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Energizer.
Filing a new complaint about