Not resolved

Update by user Jan 10, 2017

Their customer service dept called me the same day I submitted a complaint. Julie asked me a lot of questions to document what happened.

She asked that I send her my photo. She said she believes it is a defective battery and not to worry, that it won't get hot enough to start a fire. She is sending me a $10 coupon. This is the first time I have ever had a problem with a battery.

I understand that sh*t happens. I'm satisfied.

At least they have the incident on file. If there is a weak bottom cap problem, they can work to resolve it.

Original review posted by user Jan 10, 2017

I had a AA Energizer in my computer mouse. It had been in there for over 6 months.

One day I saw the light blinking and figured I needed a new one. I went to pick up the mouse to change the battery and the mouse was so hot it burned my fingers. Caused blisters on my fingers. I could smell melting plastic.

I grabbed the mouse with a dishtowel and popped out the battery with a knife. It fell to the floor. A quick touch of it revealed it was too hot to pick up. I was going to let it cool but 10 seconds later the end blew off and spewed acid all over my floor.

Not sure what happened but what if I had been sleeping and the mouse caught fire? I'm not using that brand again.

Product or Service Mentioned: Energizer Battery.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Monetary Loss: $2.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Do You Have Something To Say ?
Write a review


Terms of Service
Post Comment

You May Also Like